Thank you for choosing to be part of our #Himmunity at Himmense Limited (“Company”, “we”, “us”, “our”). We are committed to protecting your personal information and your right to privacy. If you have any questions or concerns about this privacy notice, or our practices with regards to your personal information, please contact us at email@example.com.
When you visit our website http://www.himmense.com (the “Website”, “Site”), use our social media platforms such as Facebook, Instagram or other applications, as the case may be (the “App”) and more generally, use any of our services (the “Services”, which include the Website and App), we appreciate that you are trusting us with your personal information. We take your privacy very seriously. In this privacy notice, we seek to explain to you in the clearest way possible how your personal information is collected, used, and shared and what rights you have in relation to it. This privacy notice applies to all information collected through our Services (which as described above, include our Website and other sources, including Social Media platforms and over the phone) as well as any related services, sales, marketing or events. We hope you take some time to read through it carefully, as it is important. If there are any terms in this privacy notice that you do not agree with, please discontinue use of our Services immediately.
This policy complies with the General Data Protection Regulations May 2018.
1. PERSONAL INFORMATION WE COLLECT
Personal information you disclose to us
In short: We collect personal information that you provide us.
We collect personal information that you voluntarily provide to us when you purchase our products or sign up for our product subscription, register for our Services, become a stockist or brand ambassador, express an interest in obtaining information about us or our products and Services, when you participate in activities on the Services or otherwise when you contact us. All personal information that you provide to us must be true, complete and accurate, and you must notify us of any changes to such personal information.
Personal Information Provided by Direct Consumers:
Personal Information Provided by you. We collect names; phone numbers; email addresses; usernames; passwords; contact preferences; contact or authentication data; billing addresses, shipping addresses, payment information (including debit/credit card numbers), job titles; and any other similar information. When you provide this information during the course of making a purchase or attempting to make a purchase through the Site (or App), we refer to this information as “Order Information.” These details will be stored by our website system Shopify, Inc. ("Shopify") or our subscription service Bold Commerce Services (“Bold"). Both are GDPR compliant and have high user-data standards. Himmense Limited does not process or store payment details.
Shopify in partnership with Stripe, Inc. ("Stripe") and PayPal Holdings, Inc. ("PayPal") are used for all of our transactions online.
As part of your purchase and/or subscription you will be asked if you would like to receive our mailings. You may unsubscribe at any time by contacting our Data Protection Officer or by clicking the unsubscribe button and links on the emails you receive from Himmense Limited .
Please note that you will receive some initial emails related to your transaction. These are automatic and end after a short period.
Social Media Login Data. We may provide you with the option to register with us using your existing social media account details, like your Facebook, Instagram, Twitter or other social media account. If you choose to register this way, we will collect the Information described in the section called “HOW DO WE HANDLE YOUR SOCIAL LOGINS?” below.
If you visit us on our Facebook page, you have the option of opting into our email sign up. You will be asked for your name and email address. You may unsubscribe at any time by contacting our Data Protection Officer or by clicking the unsubscribe button on the emails you receive from Himmense Limited.
Personal Information provided by Brand Ambassadors, Affiliates or Stockists:
Brand Ambassadors/affiliates. If you request to become a Brand Ambassador of Himmense Limited, we will require you to complete our online form. We ask for the following information: Name, address, social media handles, phone number and email address. All data in this form is securely stored on our database. It is also stored in Klaviyo so we can send out communications to you as part of your role as an ambassador. We will make payments to Brand Ambassadors via bank transfer. If a Brand Ambassador wishes to stop their relationship with the company, they can do so at any time. They should contact the Data Protection Officer using the details provided below and any details we hold will be securely disposed of immediately, including your payment details.
Stockists. If you would like to become a Stockist of Himmense Limited, you will need to be approved. You will be asked to complete our online form. All data in this form is securely stored on our database. It is also stored in Klaviyo so we can send out communications to you as part of your role as a Stocklist. Once you are approved by Himmense Limited, you will be notified by email. If a Stockist wishes to stop their relationship with the company, they can do so at any time. They should contact the Data Protection Officer using the details provided below and all details we hold will be securely disposed of immediately.
Information automatically collected
In short: Some information – such as your Internet Protocol (IP) address and/or browser and device characteristics – is automatically collected when you visit our Site.
When you visit the Site, we automatically collect certain information about your device, including information about your web browser and device characteristics, Internet Protocol (IP) address (or proxy server), time zone, operating system, language preferences, device name, country, location and some of the cookies that are installed on your device. Additionally, as you browse the Site, we collect information about the individual web pages or products that you view, what websites or search terms referred you to the Site, and information about how you interact with the Site. We refer to this automatically-collected information as “Device Information.”
We collect Device Information using the following technologies:
- “Cookies” are data files that are placed on your device or computer and often include an anonymous unique identifier. For more information about cookies, and how to disable cookies, visit http://www.allaboutcookies.org.
- “Log files” track actions occurring on the Site, and collect data including your IP address, browser type, Internet service provider, referring/exit pages, and date/time stamps.
- “Web beacons,” “tags,” and “pixels” are electronic files used to record information about how you browse the Site.
The information we collect includes:
- Log and Usage Data. Log and usage data is service-related, diagnostic, usage and performance information our servers automatically collect when you access or use our Services and which we record in log files. Depending on how you interact with us, this log data may include your IP address, device information, browser type and settings and information about your activity in the Services (such as the date/time stamps associated with your usage, pages and files viewed, searches and other actions you take such as which features you use), device event information (such as system activity, error reports (sometimes called ‘crash dumps’) and hardware settings).
- Device Data. We collect device data such as information about your computer, phone, tablet or other device you use to access the Services. Depending on the device used, this device data may include information such as your IP address (or proxy server), device and application identification numbers, location, browser type, hardware model Internet service provider and/or mobile carrier, operating system and system configuration information.
- Location Data. We collect location data such as information about your device’s location, which can be either precise or imprecise. How much information we collect depends on the type and settings of the device you use to access the Services. For example, we may use GPS and other technologies to collect geolocation data that tells us your current location (based on your IP address). You can opt out of allowing us to collect this information either by refusing access to the information or by disabling your Location setting on your device. Note however, if you choose to opt out, you may not be able to use certain aspects of the Services.
This information is primarily needed to maintain the security and operation of our Services, and for our internal analytics and reporting purposes.
Information collected through our App
In short: We collect information regarding your geo-location, mobile device, push notifications, and Facebook permissions when you use our App.
If you use our App, we also collect the following information:
- Geo-Location Information. We may request access or permission to and track location-based information from your mobile device, either continuously or while you are using our App, to provide certain location-based services. If you wish to change our access or permissions, you may do so in your device’s settings.
- Mobile Device Access. We may request access or permission to certain features from your mobile device, including your mobile device’s Bluetooth, calendar, camera, contact, microphone, reminders, sensors, sms messages, social media accounts, storage, and other features. If you wish to change our access or permissions, you may do so in your device’s settings.
- Mobile Device Data. We automatically collect device information (such as your mobile device ID, model and manufacturer), operating system, version information and system configuration information, device and application identification numbers, browser type and version, hardware model Internet service provider and/or mobile carrier, and Internet Protocol (IP) address (or proxy server). If you are using our App, we may also collect information about the phone network associated with your we may also collect information about the phone network associated with your mobile device, your mobile device’s operating system or platform, the type of mobile device you use, your mobile device’s unique device ID and information about the features of our App you accessed.
- Push Notifications. We may request to send you push notifications regarding your account or certain features of the App. If you wish to opt-out from receiving these types of communications, you may turn them off in your device’s settings.
- Facebook Permissions. We by default access your Facebook basic account information, including your name, email, gender, birthday, current city, and profile picture URL, as well as other information you choose to make public. We may also request access to other permissions related to your account, such as friends, checkins, and likes, and you may choose to grant or deny us access to each individual permission. For more information regarding Facebook permissions, refer to the Facebook Permissions Reference page.
This information is primarily needed to maintain the security and operation of our App, for trouble shooting and for our internal analytics and reporting purposes.
2. HOW DO WE USE YOUR INFORMATION?
In short: We process your information for purposes based on legitimate business interests, the fulfilment of orders, compliance with our legal obligations, and/or your consent.
We use personal information collected via our Services for a variety of business purposes described below. We process your personal information for these purposes in reliance on our legitimate business interests, in order to fulfil your order, enter into or perform a contract with you, with your consent, and/or for compliance with our legal obligations. We indicate the specific processing grounds we rely on next to each purpose listed below.
We use the information we collect or receive:
- To facilitate account creation and logon process. If you choose to link your account with us to a third-party account (such as your Google or Facebook account), we use the information you allowed us to collect from those third parties to facilitate account creation and logon process for the performance of the contract. See the section below headed “HOW DO WE HANDLE YOUR SOCIAL LOGINS” for further information.
- To post testimonials. We post testimonials on our Services that may contain personal information. Prior to posting a testimonial, we will obtain your consent to use your name and the content of the testimonial. If you wish to update, or delete your testimonial, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org and be sure to include your name, testimonial location, and contact information.
- To request feedback. We may use your information to request feedback and to contact you about your use of our Services.
- To enable user-to-user communications. We may use your information in order to enable user-to-user communications with each user’s consent.
- To manage user accounts. We may use your information for the purposes of managing our account and keeping it in working order and more generally to improve and optimize our Site.
- To send administrative information to you. We may use your personal information to send you product, service and new feature information and/or information about changes to our terms, conditions, and policies.
- To protect our Services. We may use your information as part of our efforts to keep our Services safe and secure (for example, for potential risk and fraud monitoring and prevention).
- To enforce our terms, conditions and policies for business purposes, to comply with legal and regulatory requirements or in connection with our contract.
- To respond to legal requests and prevent harm. If we receive a summons, subpoena or other legal request, we may need to inspect the data we hold to determine how to respond.
- Fulfil and manage your orders. We use the Order Information that we collect generally to fulfil any orders placed through the Site (including processing your payment information, arranging for shipping, and providing you with invoices and/or order confirmations). Additionally, we use this Order Information to screen our orders for potential risk or fraud.
- Administer prize draws and competitions. We may use your information to administer prize draws and competitions when you elect to participate in our competitions.
- To deliver and facilitate delivery of services. We may use your information to provide you with the requested service.
- To respond to user inquiries/offer support to users. We may use your information to respond to your inquiries and solve any potential issues you might have with the use of our Services.
- To send you marketing and promotional communications. We and/or our third-party marketing partners may use the personal information you send us for our marketing purposes, if this is in accordance with your marketing preferences. For example, when expressing an interest in obtaining information about us or our Services, subscribing to marketing or otherwise contacting us, we will collect personal information from you. You can opt-out of our marketing emails at any time (see the “WHAT ARE YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS?” section below).
- Deliver targeted advertising to you. We may use your information to develop and display personalized content and advertising (and work with third parties who do so) tailored to your interests and/or location and to measure its effectiveness.
- For other business purposes. We may use your information for other business purposes, such as data analysis (for example, by generating analytics about how our customers browse and interact with the Site), identifying user trends, determining the effectiveness of our marketing, advertising and promotional campaigns and to evaluate and improve our Services, products, marketing and your experience. We may use and store this information in aggregated and anonymized form so that it is not associated with individual end users and does not include personal information. We will not use identifiable personal information without your consent.
3. SHARING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
In short: We only share information with your consent, to comply with laws, to provide you with services, to protect your rights, or to fulfil business obligations.
We may process or share your data that we hold on the following basis:
- Consent: We may process your data if you have given us specific consent to use your personal information for a specific purpose.
- Legitimate Interests: We may process your data when it reasonably necessary to achieve our legitimate business interests.
- Performance of a Contract: Where we have entered into a contract with you, we may process your personal information to fulfil the terms of our contract.
- Legal Obligations: We may disclose your information where we are legally required to do so in order to comply with applicable law, government requests, a judicial proceeding, court order, or legal process, such as in response to a court order or a subpoena (including in response to public authorities to meet national security or law enforcement requirements), or to otherwise protect our rights.
- Vital Interests: We may disclose your information where we believe it is necessary to investigate, prevent, or take action regarding potential violations of our policies, suspected fraud, situations involving potential threats to the safety of any person and illegal activities, or as evidence in litigation in which we are involved.
More specifically, we may need to process your data or share your personal information in the following situations:
- Business Transfers. We may share or transfer your information in connection with, or during negotiations of, any merger, sale of company assets, financing, or acquisition of all or a portion of our business to another company.
- Vendors, Consultants and Other Third-Party Service Providers. We may share your data with third-part vendors, service providers, contractors or agents who perform services for us or on our behalf and require access to such information to do that work. Examples include: Payment Processing, Fulfilment, Data Analysis, Communications & Email Delivery, Hosting Services, Data Back-up and Security, Customer Service and Advertising & Marketing efforts.
- We use Shopify to power our online store; you can read more about how Shopify uses your Personal Information here: https://www.shopify.com/legal/privacy.
- We also use Google Analytics to help us understand how our customers use the Site; you can read more about how Google uses your Personal Information here: https://www.google.com/intl/en/policies/privacy/. You can also opt-out of Google Analytics here: https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.
- We use Klaviyo and SMSBump for marketing and communication purposes. Your personal information is only used to send you information that you have signed up for.
We may allow selected third parties to use tracking technology on the Services, which will enable them to collect data on our behalf about how you interact with our Services over time. This information may be used to, among other things, analyse and track data, determine popularity of certain content, pages or features, and better understand online activity. Unless described in this notice, we do not share, sell, rent or trade any of your information with third parties for their promotional purposes. We have contracts in place with our data processors, which are designed to safeguard your personal information . This means they cannot do anything with your person information unless we have instructed them to do it. They will also not share your personal information with any organization apart from us. They also commit to protect the data they hold on our behalf and to retain it for the period we instruct.
- Offer Wall. Our App may display a third-party hosted “offer wall”. Such an offer wall allows third-party advertisers to offer virtual currency, gifts, or other items to users in return for the acceptance and completion of an advertisement offer. Such an offer wall may appear in our App and be displayed to you based on certain data, such as your geographic area or demographic information. When you click on an offer wall, you will be brought to an external website belonging to other persons and will leave our App. A unique identifier, such as your user ID, will be shared with the offer wall provider in order to prevent fraud and properly credit your account with the relevant reward. Please note that we do not control third-party websites and have no responsibility in relation to the content of such websites. The inclusion of a link towards a third-party website does not imply an endorsement by us of such website. Accordingly, we do not make any warranty regarding such third-party websites and we will not be liable for any loss or damage caused by the use of such websites. In addition, when you access any third party website, please understand that your rights while accessing and using those websites will be governed by the privacy notice and terms of service relating to the use of those websites.
5. HOW DO WE HANDLE YOUR SOCIAL LOGINS?
In short: If you choose to register or log in to our services using a social media account, we may have access to certain information about you.
Our services may offer you the ability to register and login using your third-party social media account details (like your Facebook or Twitter logins). Where you choose to do this, we will receive certain profile information about you from your social media provider. The profile Information we receive may vary depending on the social media provider concerned, but will often include your name, email address, friends list, profile picture as well as other information you choose to make public on such social media platform. If you login using Facebook, we may also request access to other permissions related to your account, such as your friends, check-ins, and likes, and you may choose to grant or deny us access to each individual permission.
We will use the information we receive only for the purposes that are described in this privacy notice or that are otherwise made clear to you on the relevant Services. Please note that we do not control, and are not responsible for, other uses of your personal information by your third-party social media provider. We recommend that you review their privacy notice to understand how they collect, use and share your personal information, and how you can set your privacy preferences on their sites and apps.
6. BEHAVIOURAL ADVERTISING
As described above, we use your Personal Information to provide you with targeted advertisements or marketing communications we believe may be of interest to you. For more information about how targeted advertising works, you can visit the Network Advertising Initiative’s (“NAI”) educational page at http://www.networkadvertising.org/understanding-online-advertising/how-does-it-work.
You can opt out of targeted advertising by visiting:
FACEBOOK - https://www.facebook.com/settings/?tab=ads
INSTAGRAM - https://help.instagram.com
Additionally, you can opt out of some of these services by visiting the Digital Advertising Alliance’s opt-out portal at: http://optout.aboutads.info/.
7. HOW LONG DO WE KEEP YOUR INFORMATION?
In short: We keep your information for as long as necessary to fulfil the purposes outlined in this privacy notice unless otherwise required by law.
We will only keep your personal information for as long as it is necessary for the purposes set out in this privacy notice, unless a longer retention period is required or permitted by law (such as tax, accounting or other legal requirements).
When you place an order through the Site, we will maintain your Order Information for our records unless and until you ask us to delete this information. Please contact our Data Protection Officer using the details provided below if you wish for data to be erased. However, there may be circumstances where we are unable to do this (to fulfil our legal responsibilities).
8. HOW DO WE KEEP YOUR INFORMATION SAFE?
In short: We aim to protect your personal information through a system of organizational and technical security measures. All data is password protected and only accessible by authorised company staff. The company take appropriate cyber precautions and review our security regularly.
We have implemented appropriate technical and organizational security measures designed to protect the security of any personal information we process. However, despite our safeguards and efforts to secure your information, no electronic transmission over the Internet or information storage technology can be guaranteed to be 100% secure, so we cannot promise or guarantee that hackers, cybercriminals, or other unauthorized third parties will not be able to defeat our security, and improperly collect, access, steal, or modify your information. Although we will do our best to protect your personal information, transmission of personal information to and from our Services is at your own risk. You should only access the Services within a secure environment.
9. DO WE COLLECT INFORMATION FROM MINORS?
In short: The Site is not intended for individuals under the age of 18 years of age.
We do not knowingly solicit data from or market to children under 18 years of age. By using the Services, you represent that you are at least 18 or that you are the parent or legal guardian of such a minor and consent to such minor dependent’s use of the Services. If we learn that personal information from users less than 18 years of age has been collected, we will deactivate the account and take reasonable measure to promptly delete such data from our records. If you become aware of any data we may have collected from children under age 18, please contact us at email@example.com.
10. WHAT ARE YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS?
In short: In some regions, such as the European Economic Area, you have rights that allow you greater access to and control over your personal information. You may review, change, or terminate your account at any time.
In some regions (like the European Economic Area), you have certain rights under applicable data protection laws. These may include the right (i) to request access and obtain a copy of your personal information, (ii) to request rectification or erasure, (iii) to restrict processing of your personal information; and (iv) if applicable, to data portability. In certain circumstances, you may also have the right to object to the processing of your personal information. If you would like to exercise this right, please contact us through the contact information provided below. We will consider and act upon any request in accordance with applicable data protection laws.
Additionally, if you are a European resident, we note that we are processing your information in order to fulfil contracts we might have with you (for example if you make an order through the Site), or otherwise to pursue our legitimate business interests listed above. Additionally, please note that your information will be transferred outside of Europe, including to Canada and the United States.
If we are relying on your consent to process your personal information, you have the right to withdraw your consent at any time. Please note however that this will not affect the lawfulness of the processing before its withdrawal, nor will it affect the processing of your personal information conducted in reliance on lawful processing grounds other than consent.
If you are a resident in the European Economic Area and you believe we are unlawfully processing your personal information, you also have the right to complain to your local data protection supervisory authority. You can find their contact details here: http://ec.europa.eu/justice/data-protection/bodies/authorities/index_en.htm.
If you are a resident in Switzerland, the contact details for the data protection authorities are available here: https://www.edoeb.admin.ch/edoeb/en/home.html.
If you have any questions or comments about your privacy rights, you may email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you would at any time like to review or change the information in your account or terminate your account, you can:
- Log in to your account settings and update your user account.
- Contact us using the contact information provided.
Upon your request to terminate your account, we will deactivate or delete your account and information from our active databases. However, we may retain some information in our files to prevent fraud, troubleshoot problems, assist with any investigations, enforce our Terms and/or comply with applicable legal requirements.
Cookies and similar technologies: Most Web browsers are set to accept cookies by default. If you prefer, you can usually set your browser to remove cookies and to reject cookies. If you choose to set your browser to remove cookies or reject cookies, this could affect certain features or services of our Services. To opt-out of interest based advertising by advertisers on our Services visit http://aboutads.info/choices/.
Opting out of email marketing: You can unsubscribe from our mailing and marketing email lists at any time by clicking on the unsubscribe button or links in the emails we send or by contacting us by using the details provided below. You will then be removed from the marketing email list – however, we may still communicate with you, for example to send you service-related emails that are necessary for the administration and use of your account, to respond to service and/or order requests, or for other non-marketing purposes.
11. CONTROLS FOR DO-NOT-TRACK FEATURES
In short: Please note that we do not alter our Site’s data collection and use practices when we see a Do Not Track signal from your browser.
Most web browsers and some mobile operating systems and mobile applications include a Do-Not-Track (“DNT”) feature or setting you can activate to signal your privacy preference not to have data about your online browsing activities monitored and collected. At this stage no uniform technology standard for recognizing and implementing DNT signals has been finalized. As such, we don’t currently respond to DNT browser signals or any other mechanism that automatically communicates your choice not to be tracked online. If a standard for online tracking is adopted that we must follow in the future, we will inform you about that practice in a revised version of this privacy notice.
12. DO WE MAKE CHANGES TO THIS NOTICE?
In short: We may update this privacy notice from time to time in order to reflect, for example, changes to our practices or for other operational, legal or regulatory reasons.
We may update this privacy notice from time to time. If we make material changes to this privacy notice, we may notify you either by prominently posting a notice of such changes or by directly sending you a notification. We encourage you to review this privacy notice frequently to be informed of how we are protecting your information.
13. HOW CAN YOU CONTACT US ABOUT THIS NOTICE?
For more information about our privacy practices, if you have questions, or if you would like to make a complaint, please contact our Data Protection Officer (DPO), Rena Drone, by email at email@example.com or by post to:
14. HOW CAN YOU REVIEW, UPDATE, OR DELETE THE DATA WE COLLECT FROM YOU?
Based on the applicable laws of your country, you may have the right to request access to the personal information we collect from you, change the information, or delete it in some circumstances. To request to review, update, or delete your personal information, please visit: http://www.himmense.com.
Please view this Privacy Notice alongside our Terms . These can be found on our website.